Subway bread recipes
Subway bread recipe
Most will walk in without the slightest idea of what bread they need. In fact the staff at subway restaurants have greatly helped most customers choose form the various choices the type of bred they need. Note that bread is not the only available bite on the menu but due to the professionalism and skills in its recipe, it has become the number one choice for most bread fanatics. Bread recipe vary greatly with the type of bread. Here we are going to consider the recipe and ingredients for making
Italian herb and cheese bread
Italian herb and cheese is basically bread with melted cheese and herb on top of it. The ingredients include 3 cups of high gluten flour, 1 ½ tsp of salt, 1 table spoon of whole wheat floor, soft butter, dry active yeast, and honey.1 cup of worm water and finally 2T Italian herbs and cheese.
With ingredients in place, here are the steps to follow in order to make perfect bread;
- blend yeast in a mixture of warm water and honey by stirring gently then set aside out of drafts for about 5 minutes.
- in a bowl of mounded flour, create a hollow in the center. Pour salt, dump the wheat flour into the bowl.
- when the yeast has perfectly formed a thick head, gently pour this to the hollow you had created using a fork to blend the liquid in the flour. When blended into a ball, pour out on a floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth. Cover with muslin and leave to rise.
- when the dough doubles, punch it down and let it rise again. For the second time, take a cleaver and slice it in to 3 fairly equal sections as this will provide the flaky baguette crust.
- with floured hands, flatten one of the dough balls, and then yank hard, pulling one side over the other. Fold the lid inside and flatten the dough. Repeat this three to four times, pat your mini loaf to even out of shape then put it aside. Do the same for all the other dough. Cover them once again with floured muslin and leave to rise.
- heat the oven up to about 425 degrees and when the loaves have risen or doubled in size, they go straight to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes at the same temperature and when the loaves are ready, cool on a wire rack and eat when ready.
With this bread recipe and ingredients, you will be able to make your own subway Italian herb and cheese bread from the comfort of your own kitchen. Do not expect a 100 percent similarity in taste to the original bread you buy at the subway restaurant because your home oven might not work as well as the machines or professionalism of the staff at any of the subway branches.
You are always welcome to come back and eat subway Italian herb and cheese bread which has been baked with you in mind. Also remember that at subway, your personal well being is considered while making thier menu and ultimately while baking your favorite bread.